Wednesday, March 12, 2008


It is hard to believe that Bella is 3 weeks old today! I went back to class this past weekend and will be heading back to work on Monday. My, how time flies when you are .... changing diapers, chasing sleep and feeding a seemingly insatiable infant!! It is a little bit surreal ... Brett and I feel like things have been turned upside down since the baby arrived, and now we are supposed to incorporate this into our "normal" routine!! How much I have forgotten since doing this 10 years ago!

Bella is a true joy. She is a very mild-mannered baby and whimpers for three reasons only: 1) hungry, 2) needs to be changed, or 3) needs attention/cuddling. Here are a few new pictures:


My sister, Emily, came to visit for several days at the end of February. Brennan and Bella spent some quality time with Aunt Emmy .... it seems that Brennan has finally met his match at Harry Potter Scene It!! They also spent an evening showing off their mad moves on the DDR.








Brennan is The Best Big Brother Ever. We are trying to get Bella used to taking breastmilk from a bottle, since starting next week Mommy will not be readily available for all feedings. So far, so good!




Who ever knew a couple of parents could feel so tired, and yet, so blissful???


3 comments:

Cori said...

Thanks for the pictures! We are always looking for Bella and family pictures out here in Chicagoland. We can't wait to see everyone in person (but sadly, we will have to.)

Bromileys said...

Adorable pictures. I am impressed with your ability to get back to class and soon work! i remember taking Kai with me to a theatre class when he was 2 weeks old (I was still in undergrad). Crazy when I think of it, but it all worked out. Thank goodness for faculty who felt "sorry" for me! Would you mind of I put a link to your blog on mine? I know my brothers would love to keep up with y'all as well.

Brett & Bonnie said...

Lana - It is great to be in touch. I am eternally greatful for my mother, who is retired and can stay home with the baby while I am working/schooling ... it would be difficult to leave her at a daycare at this point. Your little boys are so cute (I peek at your blog too!!) Please do put a link .. maybe someday I will be blog-proficient enough to do the link thing.