I was tagged by my sister. So here they are ... 5 things everyone should do by the ripe age of 18.
1. Make volunteering a habit. We all know the quote from Margaret Mead: "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed people can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."
2. Make your parents your best friends. 15 years ago I couldn't conceive of such a thing, and today I have an amazing friendiship with my mom and dad.
3. Survive a breakup. It is incredibly empowering to know that after a night of uncontrollable sobbing and listening to the "us" song on repeat, that the sun still comes up in the morning...... That you can be single AND whole, and that it really does feel better once it stops hurting.
4. Learn to say "I screwed up" and take responsibility for your choices. Excuses just don't go far in the adult world.
5. Learn to be still. Pray, meditate, whatever. Find some inner peace in this crazy world of ours.
Now, since I am fairly new to the blogging scene and have few contacts, I will tag my mom and dad. They don't have a blog, but can forward their top five lists to their kids. We would all be interested to hear what they each have to say! Share your insight, Ma and Pa!
Wednesday, March 19, 2008
5 Things You Should Do By Age 18
Posted by Brett & Bonnie at 8:31 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comments:
I think you cheated by using my "have your heart broken" one. Otherwise, I would have to agree with you! I'm interested to see if mom & dad play along!
Post a Comment