It has been over a month since our last post ... we figure it is time for an update! We hope everyone had a beautiful, peaceful holiday spent in the company of friends and loved ones. Our holiday was quiet, as Brennan was in Las Vegas visiting his dad and step mom. He barely made it out of Idaho Falls on Christmas Eve due to the massive storm and foot of snow we received. His was the last flight allowed to arrive at/depart from the airport that day. Thankfully, he made it safe and sound to Vegas and enjoyed a week of robot-building and Wii-playing with his dad. Brett and I spent Christmas Eve with Ma & Pa Mohr, slept in on Christmas, and spent Christmas afternoon with the Horsburgh clan. It was a restful holiday.
I started school again on January 4th and have been making the weekly commute to and from Nampa. Brett will be travelling with me for the next few weeks until the Little Miss makes her arrival. I am at 36 weeks and counting. The nursery is just about ready (I'll post pictures soon), Brett has been studying "What to Expect the First Year", and I feel like a human water balloon, ready to pop! We are very excited to meet our daughter! If all goes as planned (as if it ever does, but why not remain optimistic??) my Dr. will induce labor around Valentine's Day. This is during a break from classes and would give me an extra week or so at home with the new babe before returning to school. It is shaping up to be a wild semester (school + work + practicum + new baby) but I have resolved to take it a day at a time and to make the most of every hour.
Brett has recovered nicely from knee surgery and is humoring me as I go through the "nesting" process. This weekend he kicked in for some deep cleaning and has been an overall trooper despite his wife's turbulent mood!
Brennan recently earned the "most creative" award for his pinewood derby car. It had a Secret Service theme and was very slick! It wasn't the quickest car in the race, but it sure looked good! His excitement at being a big brother is growing as the date gets closer. He will be an indispensible source of help and a fabulous, loving big brother.
Anyway, I will post some pics of the nursery soon, and will keep the blog updated on other baby news!
Monday, January 28, 2008
Posted by Brett & Bonnie at 5:21 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Yea! I'm so excited to be an aunt to a niece! It's nice to see another post. I've been checking your blog almost daily for, oh, over a month now, but haven't seen much action. I hope my recent blogging activity helped kick you into gear!
Tell Brett and Brennan I say "hi!" I'm excited to see you all and little Bella soon! I love you and miss you!
Where's that darn baby? Tell her to come out and say hello right now!
Bella, this is your Aunt Emily speaking. You've had enough time to think this over. It's time to face facts - you can't stay in there forever! Your mother is getting very uncomfortable and your father and big brother and getting anxious to meet you. Now enough is enough. I'll be out to meet you in 10 days - I expect that you will have listened to instructions!
BABY!BABY!BABY!
The crowds are getting restless.....
The crowds are diefinitely restless ..... and judging by the jabs to my hips, pelvis and ribs, Miss Bella is restless also!!!
Wednesday morning I WILL NOT leave the dr.'s office without child in arms. ;)
Post a Comment