Well, we have decided to jump on the blog-wagon. It seems like a great way to stay in touch in this busy world of ours. I am not sure that I can commit to a "weekly blog," or even anything close to that, but we will do our best to keep anyone who cares abreast of recent developments in the Horsburgh household.
If you weren't already aware, our DAUGHTER will be arriving sometime in February. The 27th is the estimated due date, but I am pleading with my doctor to consider inducing me around Valentine's Day. I have a break from school at that time and would be able to spend a little more uninterrupted time settling into the new-baby routine. My grad program has a strict attendance policy .... more than 2 absences in a semester results in a loss of credit. So .... I am keeping my fingers crossed that this little girl will be ready to roll in mid-February. Let's hope.
I am just about to finish up my first semester at Northwest Nazarene University in the Master of Social Work program, clinical track. I have three semesters to go. The program requires a weekly commute to Nampa (outside of Boise), each trip adding 550 miles to the Toyota odometer. NNU hosts the closest quality MSW program with an emphasis in clinical practice. It is shaping up to be a wild and busy year, but I have faith the end is worth the means.
Brett is looking forward to knee surgery next week. Appx. two weeks ago he began having excruciating pain in his knee and lost all mobility. His orthopedist informed us that Brett has some sort of malformation of his patella and that now that it has become symptomatic it will likely be a recurring problem. We decided the have his knee surgically repaired now rather than have it catch us by surprise again in the future. He can look forward to a straight-leg brace for several weeks, and will likely shoot for 6 - 8 weeks of sympathy. I am pleased that he is having this taken care of now so that he will be in prime condition for running diapers and bottles in a few months!
Brennan joined a youth bowling league this fall and is having a ball! (ha ha) He is a Webelos scout and also recently took up archery. After 7 or 8 months of scrimping and saving he was recently able to purchase his own Wii system and has been spending an excessive amount of time bowling, batting, boxing and golfing in our basement! He is excited about his prospective little sister and is determined to teach her the fine art of lego-building (once she is old enough to keep from eating them).
Well, other than the afore mentioned events and a master bathroom remodel, life is as usual in the Horsburgh household. Thanks for visiting!!
1 comments:
I like it! You should definitely keep it up. I really like the background. Tell Brett I said that I hope he's feeling better soon. We'll have to send a little somethin' his way to cheer him up. Okay, so that's it from me. I guess I'll have to be the next one to jump on this bandwagon. We'll see...
Post a Comment