Sunday, July 20, 2008

Birthdays, Baptisms & Books

A lot has happened since our last post (2+ months ago)! Brennan turned 11 on June 30th and had the pleasure of celebrating with some of his favorite people. Grandma and Grandpa Mohr, Papa Rice and Granny V. joined Brennan for a brithday dinner (of sweet and sour chicken, of course) and ice cream cake.




Bella enjoyed the party favors ...... just listen to that giggle!!!


Brennan and Granny V, who traveled all the way from Washington DC to be here on his big day.


Brennan received a trampoline for his birthday. When I was a kid Ma and Pa Mohr were completely opposed to trampolines for liability reasons. We have established a few ground rules for the tramp and so far there have been no fatalities!


Brennan and his pals at his birthday party. They spent the night on the tramp, had an insane water fight and lit off fireworks.

Bella was baptized on June 7th at Christ the King Catholic Church. We had a beautiful ceremony that morning and then celebrated with a luncheon immediately following. This was a very eventful day full of family events. Jeff and Cori, Emily and Howie all made it to Idaho Falls to celebrate Chuck and Nancy's 40th Wedding Anniversary that evening, and in between it all was a beautiful baby shower for Cori.

Amy McCall, Godmother, Brett, Brennan, Bonnie, Ed Johnson, Godfather, Bella, Joanne Johnson, Godmother, and Jeff Mohr, Godfather


Grandma Kris and Bella

In other news, I am one week away from the termination of Semester 3: the Semester from Hell. The first two chapters of my thesis are complete, I have two take-home finals and one more trip to the Boise area before a 5 and 1/2 week respite. During that time I have another 100 hours of practicum to finish, but this will be easy to accomplish without homework and weekly travel. Next semester includes only two classes, a comprehensive exam and the licensure exam. I am feeling like the Little Engine that Could as he approaches the peak -- I think I can ...... I think I can ......

Brett has been quite busy the past couple of months, but as everyone knows the housing market has seen better days. In his free time he particpates in a weekly sporting clays shooting league, faithfully tends his vegetable garden, and enjoys every minute of being wrapped around his daughter's little finger.

Brennan spent 10 days on an Alaskan cruise with Grandma and Papa Mohr in June. After returning from the cruise he spent one week at home and then took off for Vegas to spend three weeks with his dad and stepmom. He informed me that he broke his record of consecutive rides on the Sahara rollercoaster ..... Former record: 17. Current record: 30. I get dizzy thinking about it. Apparently the all-time record was set by a girl who rode 64 times. Thankfully, Brennan sees no need in trying to take the title at this point.


Now, since many of you only check this blog in order to see updated pics of our adorable children, here are a few of the latest.



6 comments:

Emily said...

Wow- life in IF is MUCH more interesting than life out here in Michigan! Bren has more vacations than any other non-retired humans on Earth! That cake looks really good, too! Bella gets cuter and cuter with every picture. I sure do miss you guys!! Love you!

Emily said...

Make it through the end of the semester ok? Still breathing? Maybe you need to take a nap for a day or two! Congrats! Only one term to go and you're a full-blown professional!

Brett & Bonnie said...

AMEN to the nap!!!!

Bromileys said...

Hey Bonie,

Did yo uget an invitation to view our blog? We have decided to make it private and blogger said blog authors are autimatically invited. If yo udidn;'t get an invitation, just email me and I will send you one.

Bromileys said...

sorry about all the typos. I do know your name is spelled Bonnie! I just hunt and peck too quickly and never proof read!

Brett & Bonnie said...

Lana: I did not receive an invitation and would appreciate one when you get a chance. I love checking in with your beautiful family!